Sunday, January 06, 2013

missing

Just a quick note.. seems each and almost every time I go to church, I feel my late Grandma, whom I affectionately called Gumma, there with me.  When I first moved back home, there were quite a few times I had to leave Mass because I just couldn't hold back the tears any longer.  I feel her other times, too, but nine times out of ten, I feel her most at church.  My grandma never was in my church.. she did attend every week but she never came to my church as I became a parishioner here after she died. 

One of my best friends had a dream recently and my grandma was in it.  When I shared this with my mom, she said I had made her day.  Isn't it funny how people who have left this world for a better one come to us, speak to us, somehow wrap their arms around us so we can still feel them with us? 

To me, it is a sad feeling.. to miss someone so much.   Yet at the same time,  it is the most comforting feeling, too. 

That is all. 

No comments: