Friday, August 29, 2008

next ten songs on my ipod

I have come across a few posts like this recently and thought I might try it myself.

here goes nothing...


Turpentine by Brandi Carlile
album name: The Story


I came across this randomly on itunes...she is watching someone grow away in photographs..is she losing someone?
"these days, we go to waste like wine, it's turned to turpentine...I didn't mean to waste your time..."

I love the melody, although she is losing someone.

More Time by Needtobreathe
album name: PS I Love You soundtrack

"I promise you the world again...and everything in my hands...they will come from me..."
"I need more time, just a few more months and we'll be fine"

seems the singer is asking for understanding that what is happening isn't what he planned. he is hoping it will turn around, he just needs more time. he knows they can make it if they tried.

The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson
album name: Girls and Boys

she loves the way you say good morning, and "you take me just the way I am."
seems she is making a list of everything she will do for you..."for I love the way you call me baby and you take me the way I am." "I love you more than I could ever promise and you take me the way I am."

Far Away by Nickelback
album name: All the Right Reasons

"too long, too late, who was I to make you wait? just one chance, just one breath, you know, I love you, I loved you all along, and I miss you, from far away for far too long...I keep dreaming you'll be with me and you'll never go....
with you I would withstand all of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all, give anything but won't give up"

have you ever loved someone from far away and feel like you would do anything to be closer? then this is your song.

Love You Till the End by The Pogues
album name: Pogue Mahone

loving someone until the end, what love.

"I just want to be there when the morning light explodes, it radiates on your face.....I love you till the end....I just want to see you when you're all alone...why don't you just take me to where I 've never been before, I love you till the end.

I just want to be there when we're caught in the rain,

I just want to see you laugh not cry."

Maybe I'm Amazed by Jem
album name: Music from the OC

here they are, see for yourself....
"Maybe I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you pulled me out of time and hung me on a line
Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you
Maybe I'm a girl and maybe I'm a lonely girl who's in the middle of something that she doesn't really understand
Maybe I'm a girl and maybe you're the only man who could ever help me
Baby, won't you help me understand
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you're with me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I leave you
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you help me sing my song
Right me when I'm wrong
Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you"

From the Bottom of My Heart by The Wallflowers
album name: Rebel, Sweetheart

"from the bottom of my heart comes a cold, dark feeling
there is nothing but dust when the layers are peeling
from the bottom of my heart comes a rattling drum"

the acoustic guitar is awesome on this song....a six minute version, too.
"from the bottom of my heart comes an army of one
marching back up the steps into the rays of the sun."

to me, a sad yet hopeful song in it's melody.

"not every smile means I'm laughing inside
from the bottom of my heart comes a cold, dark feeling
I have buried so much between the layers I am peeling"

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
album name: We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.

what a song....an upbeat, "nothing will stop but divine intervention" sort of song.
"I'm yours, hmmmm, open up your mind and see like me, Look into your heart and you'll find love...we're just one big family and it is our God forsaken right to be loved."

"there is no need to complicate, our time is short, this is our fate, I'm yours."

Can't Find the Words by Karina
album name: First Love

"now we've been talking for awhile, and you've got me trying to figure out
but I don't know what to say to you, but you've got me feeling some kind of way for you.
all I know is when we're together no one can make me feel the way you do.
I wish each moment could last forever it's hard to explain the way I feel for you.
I just can't find the words,
I've been losing myself in trying to find the words to say
feels like I'm losing my breathe making it hard to speak."

Undone by Carolina Liar
album name: Coming to Terms

"it's what you always wanted, wishful thinking, it's not a bad dream
I'm right here when you come undone,
it's the perfect day, just to disappear away
to forget what brought you here,
don't you know,
I'm right here
will you come undone with me?

in time you're gonna find, all that makes you certain,
you're exactly where you wanted to be
you're only what you are
and life is just an ocean, it's not a bad dream."

No comments: