Thursday, August 28, 2008

photostory friday

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


I grew up in a house where there was a lot of picture taking. then with the age of video cameras, it was alot of that, too. my father always had his camera ready...and over the years, not only me, but many people have come to appreciate all of the photos he has taken. at the time it was taken, however, people have been known to complain, gripe, put their hands in front of their faces, walk out of the room, make silly faces~ you name it, it has been done.

I am just like my Dad. I have my camera out, ready to capture something, anything, to savor it in the future. some people never take any photographs....but yet they still love to sit and look at them. the joke around here is my kids won't know what I look like because I am the one always behind the lens. there always is a potential photograph, screaming out, LOOK AT ME! hey, over here! you will want to see me again some day! I have heard others complain, why does she need a photo of that? Because I am the photographer and in my view, it is worthy of being photographed. and in the big scheme of life, will the few seconds, maybe minutes, really matter in the end? will it matter that we pulled off to the side of the road to take that picture? or will it matter that we drove slowly through the intersection so that I could put my window down to capture an image? (mind you, I wasn't the one driving)

will it really matter?

if we don't stop, it will matter to me.

so there. we are stopping.

we also aren't going to eat that carrot until I lean it up against the peanut butter to always remember that it looked like a boot.

14 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

NO FRICKING WAY.

I think I even see JESUS in that boot!

Ha, I'm stoked you played again - cuz this was so stinking perfect (I even had my hubby come and look at this shot)!!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

And for the record, I TOTALLY feel ya. Totally.

Chris said...

You've really captured how we all feel about this little hobby (obsession) of ours. After a while it just doesn't seem right not to have the camera there. I don't think my kids would recognize me without that black thing attached to my face.
That carrot is freakin' awesome! Keep on clickin'

Cecily R said...

Oh, I am SO WITH YOU on this!!!

And that boot? Well, I'd be offended if you DIDN'T take the time to take the picture and share it with the world!

So glad you are PSFing with us this week!

Sharon said...

Don't ever give up the picture taking. I wish I had more. Well, more from before I met my husband. I have more than I know what to do with now. But I love them all.

tiarastantrums said...

love this - I always took pictures snap snap snap - but I didnt' TAKE pictures until I got the Canon XLT - now I LOVE taking pictures!!

scrappysue said...

i totally would have done the same thing. i'm always taking pics of random things and my family don't even bat an eyelid anymore

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I do the same thing...always taking photos of things that other people wouldn't have any interest in at all. Always making the husband pull over so I can get a photo while he sits there and rolls his eyes.

Oh well....

Anyhow...this was hilarious and I would have grabbed a shot too.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

I do the same thing. I am afraid that if I don't take a picture of it, I won't remember it. I have a horrible memory! And as I've grown old and such, I don't like my photo taken anymore so I too am always behind the camera or stepping out of the frame. LOL!

I LOVE THE BABY CARROT! I am so glad you got it and took a photo!

tammi said...

Yup. That sounds about right!! Me, too!

Killlashandra said...

Or it looks like Italy. ;)

Susan said...

I hear ya on that subject! And the boot carrot is awesome.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Must. photograph. that. and this. wait. that too!
cool carrot!

JenEverAfter said...

And see! You made good use of your carrot boot. You tell them that next time they complain!