Wednesday, January 27, 2010

self love



One must love yourself before you can truly love others..isn't that how the saying goes? Or something like it? I am loving myself again. For a long time, I wondered if I was worthy of love. From anyone. I blamed myself for so many things...not only for pointing my successes back to me but I also pointed all of my life failures back to me. All that failed in my life was my fault. All that did not work, or make me happy, was my fault. And my fault alone.

I have learned over time that it takes two to fail. There are always two sides to everything and NO ONE is perfect. Not you, or him, or her over there, and most certainly, not me. I am not perfect. And neither are you.

To find happiness and love, you must love yourself. If you don't love yourself, then there is no way for you to give love. You must be accepting of all your successes...and all your failures. Accept who you are and move on. Others will either like you, love you..or they won't. It is their choosing. There isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

So, I am moving on. I have found love again with myself. It is easier for me to give love and to feel love now that I am at peace within. What life brings me, well, I will take it as it comes. I am willing to work hard and sacrifice so that in the end, what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

I hope you have a good day, too.

No comments: