Tuesday, October 27, 2009

so sad

my neighbor is having a garage sale. now, normally, you might say one man's treasures are another man's trash. but the sad part is why he is having the garage sale. my lady friend neighbor died a few years ago. my man friend neighbor then lived alone. he has had polio since he was a young boy and has difficulty getting around. but then in march, he had a stroke. end of living alone. in short, he is trying to sell as much as he can from what is left after his children took what they wanted. then after that, the house goes on the market. I walked through the house today and I literally cried. so sad to remember all the good memories and then to see them vanishing right before your eyes.
guess that is why they are called memories..so you can recall and relive them any time you so desire.

No comments: