Wednesday, September 23, 2009

what to have for dinner...

today has actually been a pretty good day. took my daughter to school this morning, came home, changed out of my pj's (yes, I took my daughter to school in my boxers and tshirt..I did NOT go into the building, just dropped off, thank you), and went for my 4 mile walk. it felt great today. I am not sure if it was the weather, the time of day (I usually don't go in the early morning) or what, but regardless, it felt great.

so, you ask, why is the post entitled what to have for dinner?

the kids wanted pasta...now, how many of you actually make, FROM SCRATCH, homemade sauce? I do have a recipe that is great...it is Grandma's recipe...but let's be honest here, folks. prince spaghetti night gets sauce from a can. usually Hunt's. but when this lady went to the pantry, there is no sauce. there a tiny bit in the refrigerator as a left over..so here is the crap awesome dinner I served up tonight......

drum roll.....

long spaghetti with minimal spag sauce, with frozen individual pizzas for the side dish. WHOO HOOT! the best damn dinner ever!

oh, yeah, I also talked to an old friend today. it sure is nice to catch up with someone who holds no grudges and talks for the pure enjoyment of conversation.

No comments: