Sunday, September 14, 2008

safe, for now

believe it or not, we had football today. for those of you in the area, you understand the sarcasm.. it was windy, rainy....well, on our way home, we get to the end of our street, and look down the street. we see a huge tree down, just about where our house is. we have a huge, old tree in our front yard...of course, we think the worst. down the street we go to discover it was our neighbor's tree...a very old and very tall oak tree. they are extremely lucky it did not fall on their house. here are a few photos and I took some video, too, but am late to help set up the book fair at school. I will post the video when I come home.

the first photo has my two kids standing in the driveway...to sort of get perspective of how tall the tree was or rather is now. I shall return later...








3 comments:

Mom of Three said...

Love the commentary!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are great photos! It is amazing that they can still use their garage and drive way. Stay safe.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Was this a product of my friend IKE???? It looks like his work...and that would be about the time that he would have visited you. Looking at the pictures at first, I freaked. After driving back home today, that is what it looks like everywhere! I'm just thankful you are safe...and I wanted to share something kind of funny with you. Last week when I was preparing to run from my date with IKE, I kept checking your blog...it provided me comfort. I truly missed it the last few days. I'm glad to be back and reading. Thanks so much for your prayers as well! And keep writing....We have an area-wide curfew from 7 pm to 7 am...it'll give me something to do. :)