Thursday, September 04, 2008

photostory friday: love

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



I was worried how my older child might react when my second child was born. my son was just shy of turning three when my daughter was born. she was born on a monday and we did not come home until thursday because she was born c-section (as was my son...both on mondays, both coming home on thursdays). my son would not touch her, talk to her, have anything to do with her until saturday...we were home three days before he looked at her.

they are now ten and seven and they fight and scream, hit and slap each other, tell on and bribe each other. every now and then, they will hug and tell each other how happy they are that they are brother and sister. I remind them that someday they will be grown ups and they might just end up being friends, too.

in the photo this week, my daughter is about nine months old and my son, four. he took a liking to her after awhile and he used to want to take care of her, without having any diaper duty. he would use the baby talk and the pitch of his sweet little voice would rise and he would read to her and shake toys in front of her face. in the photo, he is talking to her and the look on her face is priceless. at least it is to me. she used to sit and just stare at him....I always wondered what was going through her mind but one would never know....

kids....they drive you crazy but you always love them more the day after today, don't you?

18 comments:

Cecily R said...

My oldest son and daughter are ten and six, and I tell them the same things sometimes. Someday, someday you will be friends.

Love the picture. What a great memory captured!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I hope we don't have the same experience....although my daughter said that "Baby Bear" was in mommy's tummy.

And, my fried just told me that she made her kids sit on the couch and hold hands....they didn't misbehave for a while after that!

Chris said...

I'm pretty sure she's hypnotizing him.
"You will get me a clean diaper. NOW!"

Mandy said...

This is a sweet post. Love the picture of the two staring at each other, I think they will appreciate that picture when they are older. I can totally relate with the sibling rivalry/love/hate relationship. I see it daily with mine with their bickering and slapping each other but boy do they defend one another when a nonfamily person is involved!

Hey, I am liking this Jason Mraz song! Great music choice!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

What a sweet sweet picture! They way they are looking at one another is priceless!

Supercool Hotmama said...

So sweet! My two bonus babies are just getting to the age where they hug and always give each other good night kisses! Precious!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

This was a lovely shot and I love the sentiment. You nailed it.

Anonymous said...

Mine are already cohorts....should I be worried??

Leanne said...

What a great shot, and a really good idea for the story post. My trio fight too. Now I have to leave the house once in a while, cause at times IT JUST DRIVES ME CRAZY. :)

Sharon said...

My son is a great big brother. His little sister just adores him. I love those precious moments.

tiarastantrums said...

oh the little daily scraps will do a mother in! But the precious little moments of hugs and kisses - just makes me well up!

Love the toes!!

Anonymous said...

My oldest is almost 10 and my youngest is almost 3...they fight like cats and dogs, but in the end they do love each other dearly.

I love that photo, btw, the expression on her face is priceless!

The Apron Queen said...

She looks like she adores her big brother. How sweet. :)

My post is There's a snake on my foot!

Jenny said...

Sweet, sweet story! And that's a really great pic too!

Anonymous said...

How sweet.......I forgot about that moment!

Mom

Shellie said...

Siblings! Can't live with 'em but you can't live without 'em. Sometimes I show the kids pictures like this to remind them of the good times.

Susan said...

My son will be three in December and my daughter just turned 7 months today. He is starting to really enjoy spending time with her and helping out. I love it, and I know I need to enjoy it while I can.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Very cute picture. And great story too.