Friday, January 20, 2006

math night

math night went great. there was a big turn out and everyone seemed to have a great time. however, my kids never left the area in which I was working. K was with them so they could have gone to all the areas in the school but they stayed with the puzzles, and then with the dried corn. the dried corn had measuring cups to you could see the different amounts. the corn was in one the containers like you see in preschools that are used as water tables. (I ended up being with the scavenger hunt area. You got a list of items to measure around the school and when you returned the list to me, you got a free ruler.) Oh, yes, they did bowl. You were actually keeping score by hand, not just bowling and the computer puts it up on the screen. K won a door prize, too, can you believe it? fun was had by all.

ah, the weekend. K was to be off today until his game coverage tonight. however, he has some paperwork something that needs to be completed today so he is in the office this morning. H and I are home....she is watching Jakers! the adventures of piggley winks (or something of that nature) on PBS. J is at school. I saw on the news we are to get some more snow. We had snow and ice on Wed, then yesterday is was in the low 50's, and now snow again? Where is spring?

I shall leave you with a funny. I hope it makes each of you, all three of you who come and read, laugh.... (hahaha) until the next time, be happy.

*the traffic hold up? the sign says, some as*ho** talking on his cell phone got creamed....

I guess not funny if you are in the traffic!

No comments: