Wednesday, January 18, 2006

character traits

Just wanted to get some stuff out...feeling kinda down today. I have been thinking about my Grandpa alot today. I really miss him. I have a great picture of him and made an enlargement of it, framed it and wanted to hang it up. But I did not want to hang it just anywhere....I wanted to put it with a photo of my Grandpap, too. Both are in black and white and are great pictures. I found a place in the dining room that is just right. Both my Grandfathers are gone now...some days I miss them more than others. My Grandpap died over six years ago and my Grandpa just last June. Both were great men and I cherish all the time spent with them. I have great memories of each....both completely different. I hope I am able to pass on to my children some of the wonderful character traits that these great men had.
There, I think I feel a bit better. For those of you who never knew them, it is your loss. And I mean that in a sincere way. You missed out on knowing two truly special human beings.

God Bless.

3 comments:

mama amy bee said...

i miss grandpa, too. it's a huge loss to our family. hopefully we can keep his memories alive with stories (and stuffed shells!). happy day to you. love, a

that girl said...

hi lady b, the kids talk every now and then about grandpa. we keep him alive in our hearts and souls. my friend's mom died a week or so ago...H says she is in heaven with grandpa great and grandpa eddie, and they are showing her around....and she also said they are all wearing white bc they are all angels. I feel grandpa when I need him most. I have a strong feeling he is watching over all of us.
love to you today & always, t

Anonymous said...

I think H is very insightful...Isn't it funny how young kids know exactly what to say?