Wednesday, November 30, 2005

time alone

I got a wonderful phone call this evening....my cousin, my youngest cousin, is expecting! now I have 2 cousins who are expecting and it is so exciting. one is due in April and the other in August. what great news for our family. Grandma is going thru chemo and I think this news will only do her good.

I know what my cousin A will be going thru. it is difficult to be away from family on a day to day basis but then to be pregnant, too? I hope I stressed to her enough to call me with tears, questions, or anything to get thru this time. it is a most exciting time but can also be trying.

in some sort of way I am also sad. my husband and I are finished having children. I loved being pregnant and it was a great time for us. but also let's be realistic...you can't stay pregnant for your whole life!

on a different note...

J's holiday musical practice is tomorrow AM at school. K and I will be going to help with the kids lines, keeping the kids in line, etc. I so enjoy helping out. maybe when H is in KG I can start again actually getting paid to be in the school instead of just volunteering. in truth, I like it very much. being in the school that is...

I bet you might be wondering about the title, time alone. doesn't everyone need some? time alone, that is? I so look forward to the time after the kids bedtime so that the house is quiet, I can get things done that I can't when they are awake and fighting, yelling, running, etc. I know many parents with older kids pass on that you should cherish this time as they grow up so fast. my two already...I can't believe they are the ages they are. my son, he has been loving more lately. he hasn't been wiping my kisses off as much..and my daughter, she has an attitude and she is so young! I do not look forward to the days of tweenhood and puberty. then again, maybe she and I will have one of those wonderful Mommy/daughter relationships. I guess by then it would be Mother/daughter, not Mommy or Momma, as she calls me.

off for now. I must make my list of things bought for the kids....you always seem to accumulate more than you realize. cousins B and A...you are in my thoughts and prayers. rub your bellys and be happy. for everyone else, just be happy.

best to you.

1 comment:

mama amy bee said...

in my emotional state, you made me cry. your wrote a beautiful blog, being honest and open. it's funny how when we're behind the computer screen anything seems possible. thanks for your kind words. i, too, can't believe your kids are not babies or toddlers anymore! i've been lucky enough to see them grow up and you've been a great mother to instill in them the love of families, even though they don't see their extended family (besides gma and gpa L) too often. happy night to you. love, me