Monday, June 21, 2010

feels good

I went to the memorial service this past Saturday for someone's mom. I had been friends with this someone when I was a child. In fact, we were best friends. We lost touch our freshman year of college. (We really didn't lose touch...we fell apart. But that is a different post.)

Another friend told me about the loss...thinking I might want to go to the service. I did go...I would have not known otherwise. I am trying to get to the point of this particular post....I sat and talked with the one friend, the one who let me know what was going on..she asked how I was doing. We chatted and she validated my feelings. The words, "I am in a better place now. I feel more like me than I have in a very long time" came out of my mouth.

I AM in a better place. I feel more like me than I have in years.

And it feels really good.

No comments: