Friday, May 29, 2009

Dunder Mifflin, Scranton Newsletter - Vol. 11 #5

SCOTT'S SHOTS
by Michael Scott

It's summertime and you know what that means - not nearly enough new TV shows. Sometimes on warm summer nights, when there's nothing to watch, I find myself getting a serious case of the bummed-outies (although this may be a symptom of Seasonal Affective Disorder). This summer I put together a little reading list, so when I get tired of watching re-reruns, I've got friends like Shakespeare and Candace Bushnell to keep me company.

Check it out:
Freakonomics - Everyone's number one hot must read book of the summer!

Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties - Everyone thinks Garfield and his love of lasagna is the "delicious" comedy engine that drives this masterpiece, but then I thought, "no it's not just Garfield, it's Garfield interacting with Odie and John and to a lesser extent Nermal." When you're reading Garfield on that level, it changes everything.

Wicked - Saw the musical...I cried, I laughed, I cried some more. I can't wait to sing along to this now that I know all the words.

The Wizard of Oz - Wicked from the other POV.

Julie and Julia - I'll read anything that Meryl Streep has acted in.

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret - Loved, loved, loved Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea and so I wanted to read the source material.

No comments: