Tuesday, December 30, 2008

10 Best Moments of the Year


1. the election of Barack Obama and the pride coming from my hometown, Chicagoland
2. reuniting with old friends and classmates
3. watching the amazing Olympics
4. the sense of accomplishment when I had to transfer all my data from one computer to another....Dell fell through with the PC to PC transfer. I had to do it all manually....I know have a sense of computer pride...I can unhook one and get it back up and running, all by myself!
5. witnessing my son move from the elementary school to the middle school...he did it!
6. how much stuff I have gotten rid of through my three for me idea
7. how good it felt when my husband and I stepped up to coach our son's baseball team. they did not have a coach and together we did it. we got the help from another dad and the three of us coached our boys from a previous standing of 18th out of 18 to 4th out of 18!!!
8. when my grandma made the trip to see H's recital...she was battling cancer and traveling was hard. but she made it and looked beautiful.
9. seeing Niagara Falls in person
10. although it was one of the saddest times in my life, it is also one that I will cherish forever. I was able to hold my grandma's hand as she left our earthly world for a much better one. I was able to tell her how much I love her and how much she has meant to me. I missed that with both of my grandfathers. they both passed away in different states. I was able to put closure with my grandpap, to see him after he died. but I never had the chance with my grandpa. the last day with my grandma is one I hold very close to my heart.



No comments: