Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

In honor of some men who served our country, I post these photographs today. Two of these men are my Grandfathers and the third would have been my brother in law.

Below is my Grandfather, Ed. I called him Grandpap.
He was a WWII navy veteran. He passed away in 1999.


The next man, Melvin, is Grandpa.
He, too, was a WWII vet from the navy.
He died in 2005.


The next photograph is of my husband's brother, Keith.
He was one of many Marines killed in the 1983 Beirut bombing.
He was just 20 years old. I never knew him.



My father in law is also a veteran. He served in Germany during the Korean War. He is still alive and will be 79 next year.

My uncle is a retired Colonel in the Air Force Reserves.

To all of our veterans, we applaud you.

Thank you for your service to our country.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your veteran family! I too have a family history of veterans going back to WWI cavalry and have a letter from my great uncle to his parents. He saw his first Indian Squaw that day. It was hard to read but worth the effort. Thanks!
kc daily photo

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

This was so powerful, so passionate, so perfect.

iteach7 said...

Thanks for sharing. I thought of K's brother today when I was doing my observation lesson on Veterans Day.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

You must be proud of the veterans in your family. Here in South Africa we have been involved in one war since WWII and that was in Angola and South West Africa, now Namibia. So most veterans are either old (WWII vets) or in their 40's. A lot of the men that went to Angola was very young, inexperienced and not well trained for the situation they were put in.
Then of cause in the black community there is what they call the liberation veterans that fought for freedom in the "war" on Apartheid.