Sunday, August 31, 2008

NLvacation



what a classic movie...I was 13 when it came out. what was I doing watching it at 13? maybe I was older...regardless, it is a classic. this is what I remember....

*ah, russ, russ, your feet (when rusty had his feet near clark's head while driving)

*when they ran off the road because clark was too busy gawking at christie brinkley's character, the sister (her name escapes me) declares, 'I just got my period'

*wallyworld 'first ones here, first ones here!'

*the bedroom scence when clark puts the coin in the bed, trying to romance his wife and she says, 'oh, sparky'

*after falling asleep and veering of the freeway and bouncing into the restaurant, clark says, 'we're here!'

*how 'bout the dog, chained to the back of the car....wasn't it aunt edna's dog?

*or how about aunt edna herself on the roof of the car?

*family truckster instead of some fancy car for the vacation

*what did clark say after becoming so mad at wallyworld? 'we're gonna have the best god damn time here we're gonna being whistling zippety do da out our assholes!'

*I am going to have to watch this movie again, because there is so much I don't remember!*

*how about the cousin on the farm, wearing the white dress shoes?

NOW, what do you remember?

3 comments:

Mom of Three said...

This is one of my favorite movies of all times! How about "ooh! The dog peed on the sandwiches" just as Clark takes a big bite of his. Too funny!

Sherri said...

I like the Security Guard on the roller coaster! I forget that actor's name!! Big guy...anyone remember?

Mom of Three said...

Hello!!! It John Candy! I LOVED him.

Here's a link to the scene you were talking about.

http://www.johncandy.com/VideoDetail.aspx?VideoID=14&VideoSection=9